The pier was 370 ft long, and was "paddle shaped" so that the pier..
In 1864, the Bembridge Railway, Tramway and Pier Act was passed by..
Stone causeway across the low water mud flats
Initially built as a small jetty of 56ft, which allowed for paddle..
Royal Pier was built in the late 1860's as washed away in 1876.
After the destruction of Royal Pier, the people of Cowes were still..
The Pier was built in the 1850's to service various military..
Small pier shown on the 1866 map
Small wooden pier no longer existing. Shown on the 1866 map
Marked on the 1866 map of the Isle of Wight
Cook's Castle was "created" around 1774 sat on the top of St. Martin's down, it no longer exists.
Ryde Airport opened on 27th June 1932 on 823 acres purchased for the purpose from Barnsley Farm
Gloster Sheridan's Guide to The Isle of Wight 1832