The main station building has been demolished and the site is now occupied by a Co-op supermarket. Sections of the platform still remain in the Honor and Jeffery Garden Centre behind the Co-op.
Freshwater Station was the largest on the line with a single platform and a two storey brick building at the end of a short approach road from School Green Road. The platform was lengthened four times to accommodate longer trains. The station had a run round loop, two goods sidings and a cattle dock. There was also an engine shed and two carriage sheds which were demolished in 1927. After closure a book kiosk on the station was relocated in the town and is still in use. The signal box, which was relocated to Freshwater from Newport when the line was taken over by the Southern Railway, became a bus shelter and was relocated to Wootton on the Isle of Wight Steam Railway in 1987.
Sources: Images Nick Catford , The Freshwater Yarmouth - Line