Search Result
By Category
Show on Map
Moment in time
On the map

History Shipwrecks

Albion 11

REF NR: 611

The Albion built in 1907 was originally a steam side trawler; in August 1914, it was requisitioned as a minesweeper. While on duty in the Channel on 13th January 1916, just off St Catherine’s point it ploughed into a German mine laid by submarine UC-5.


The image shows the trawler builders dockyard at Smith's Dock Co. Ltd.