Search Result
By Category
Show on Map
Moment in time
Sponsored
On the map

History Manor Houses of the Isle of Wight

Alvington Manor

REF NR: 254

It was shown that around the year 1066 the manor was part of the Herefordshire hundred of Bromsash, being held by a Brictric  of ALVINGTON.

The  estate was once known as URRY'S PLACE and the named owner from 1327 to 1362 was a Robert Urry, son of William and Isabel Urry. laterly the estate was sold to Laurence de St. Martin, lord of Alvington.


HELP