Search Result
By Category
Show on Map
Moment in time
On the map

History Historical Buildings

Farringford House

REF NR: 732

Construction of this Georgian house began in 1806. It was enlarged and adorned with gothic parapets and wood-mullioned casements in 1810. 

Lord Tennyson described the decoration as "... like a blank verse. It will suit the humblest cottage and the grandest cathedral. It has more mystery than the classic."