Search Result
By Category
Show on Map
Moment in time
  • Stenbury Manor
    Stenbury Manor - Please advise of any local and recent information on this..
Sponsored
On the map

History Brannon Family Engravers

Alum Bay and The Needles 1831

REF NR: 1518

The Print

Looking closely, we see on the far Tennyson Down the old Needles lighthouse. This was eventually demolished, as it was too far away to be an effective warning about the rocks. It was replaced with the current lighthouse in 1858/9, which stands on the Needles ledge and is visibly in operation to this day.

 

The Brannons

George had four children. His sons Alfred and Philip followed their father into the engraving business and were very successful in their own right.  They produced not only engravings of the island but of other local towns and cities, including Southampton.

Useful URL's for further information


    Local site PDF's

    Download PDF

HELP